Resource Guide to Medieval Times
The Medieval Time period was an important time in the overall history of the world. Also known as the Middle Ages, it was a time of advancement in a multitude of areas. It was a time where advances were made in the way clothes were made, more sophisticated weapons started to appear and some great works of art and architecture also came into being. The Middle Ages was an important bridge from the primitive days until the modern era.
Historians generally view Medieval Times as the time between the 5th Century and the 15th Century. This was a time of great discovery with some famous people living during this era. Great people such as Johan Gutenberg, Joan of Arc, King Arthur, Marco Polo, Thomas Beckett, Leonardo da Vinci and others lived and thrived during the Middle Ages.
The work and advancements made by individuals during Medieval Times led to future achievements that took place in modern times. And, without the work of these individuals and others, the stage would never have been set for the modern advancements. To learn more about this time period we have collected a number of sites and information about the Middle Ages. Please feel free to review this material and feel free to visit us often.
Medieval Times Defined
- Medieval Period in History - Useful summary of the time period known as the Medieval Period.
- Medieval Times - Web page designed for teachers to help understand the Middle Ages.
- Medieval - Basic definition of the term medieval and how it related to history.
- Middle Ages Timeline – Helpful page providing key dates in the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Life and Times – Information on the time period which comprises the Medieval Period.
- Renaissance Period – Site with information on the time frame that was the later portion of the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Time Frame (PDF) – Listing of the various eras in history along with information on Medieval Times.
- Medieval Europe Timeline – Chronological listing of important events in Medieval Europe.
- Life in Medieval Times - Information and resources on daily life during Medieval Times.
Clothing in the Middle Ages
- Fashion in the Middle Ages – Informative exhibit of a variety of clothing worn during the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Clothing Glossary – Listing of some of the terms that were used to describe clothing in Medieval Times.
- Medieval Information – Information on clothing and other items from the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Costumes – Helpful page containing a bibliography of medieval costumes.
- History of Costumes – Informative website with information on various eras and the type of costumes worn during the time period.
Weapons in the Middle Ages
- Medieval Weapons and Armor – Interesting page containing a look at a variety of weapons and armor used in this time period.
- Weapon Craftsmanship – A look at how weapons were crafted during the Middle Ages.
- Armor and Weapons – Informative page showing the armor and weaponry used during the late Middle Ages.
- Medieval Weapons – Web page containing information and links to data on the weapons used in this era.
Art and Architecture
- Resources for Medieval Art and Architecture – Informative Libguide providing a number of useful resources on art and architecture.
- Art and Architecture – Web page providing a look at Medieval Art and Architecture in Europe.
- Early Medieval Art – Useful page with images and information on many of the works of Art in early Medieval Times.
- Arts and Architecture – Archive site of resources on the various aspects of art and architecture in the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Art and Architecture – Helpful page with images and information on a number of collections of art and architecture of Medieval Times.
- Medieval History – Information from a college course outlining some of the major events in medieval history.
- Medieval History Information – Resourceful collection of links and information on the history of the Middle Ages.
- Medieval Britain – Useful information on Medieval life and times in Britain with information on major events that occurred in the country.
- French Medieval History and Culture – Informative page covering many of the major aspects of life in Medieval France.
- Medieval Spanish History - Listing of some important dates and events in the history of Spain in the Middle Ages.
- Internet Medieval Sourcebook – Resourceful site with online information covering a number of medieval topics.
- The Labyrinth – Well respected collection of information on a variety of areas of life in the Middle Ages.
- Resources of the Middle Ages – Collection of useful pages that can be helpful in learning more about life in the Middle Ages.
- Famous People of Medieval Times - Informative page with links and information about famous people of the Middle Ages.